NMRE REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022 FOR “AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT” (ARPA).
Request for Proposal to be Awarded by the Northern Michigan Regional Entity
This Request for Proposal (RFP) represents the Northern Michigan Regional Entity’s (NMRE) intent to solicit interest from Substance Use Disorder Providers for the provision of ARPA SABG Grant service projects during Fiscal Year 2022 (April 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022) as listed below:
- Prevention: Evidence-Based Practices: $119,060.00
- Treatment: Same Day Admission for High Intensity Services: $50,000.00
- Treatment: Health Home Maintenance: $5,000.00
- Treatment: Telehealth Technology: $75,000.00
- Recovery Supports: Development of New Recovery Community: $150,000 (up to 4 per year)
- Recovery Supports: Recovery Housing: $100,000.00
- Recovery Supports: Recovery Support Services to Individuals who are Pregnant, Parenting or Have Jeopardized Child Custody: $75,000.00
Public Law 117-2, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), signed by President Biden on March 11, 2021, directed the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to provide additional funds to support states through Block Grants to address the effects of the COVID -19 pandemic for Americans with mental illness and substance use disorders. The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed and exacerbated severe and pervasive health and social inequities in America, including the critical importance of supporting people with mental illness and substance use disorders. As the pandemic swept through the states, societal stress and distress over this newly emerging disaster created the need for nimble and evolving policy and planning in addressing mental and substance use disorder services. SAMHSA, through this guidance, is asking states to improve and enhance the mental health and substance use service array that serves the community.
This RFP is NOT a commitment to further pursue contractual arrangements with potential Providers responding to this solicitation. This RFP and application process will be used to determine what solicitation efforts will be necessary to make an informed decision regarding the procurement process for these grant funded services. If selected, you will be required to sign a letter of agreement which is being made available with this RFP so you may review prior to making a project submission.
This RFP will be open for proposals until Friday, May 13, 2022 at 5pm. Proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 13, 2022 and must include the attached file “ARPA RFP FY2022” completed for EACH individual project proposal. Instructions for completion are on the tab “A1 Application”. Submissions must include the completion of each required tab.
** Special Information about Budget Submissions:
- Supplies and Materials in the budget must be listed as such until they reach $5,000 for an individual item; at which amount they become equipment.
- If the % of Fringe to Wage amount exceeds 25%, a separate detailed explanation must be submitted explaining higher than normal fringe expenses.
- If Indirect Costs exceed 10% a separate detailed/itemized explanation must be submitted.
If you have any questions about his RFP, please contact Chris VanWagoner at email@example.com.