What is an “Opioid Health Home?”
View the MDHHS OHH brochure Here
Although the name may sound a little confusing, the Health Home program is not a rehabilitation center. It is a program designed to help you to coordinate and manage all the care and services you need.
When you enroll in our Opioid Health Home program, you will work closely with a Care Team. The team will help you better understand and manage your conditions.
Your Care Team will work with you to create a plan of care that addresses your physical, mental health, and social service needs. Your team will help find the services and programs that are right for you.
Everyone who chooses to enroll in our Opioid Health Home program will have access to a comprehensive Care Team, including:
- A Physician
- A Nurse Care Manager
- A Clinical Case Manager
- A Recovery Coach or a Community Health Worker
- An OHH Coordinator
The care team will work with additional community providers as needed to ensure care management to enable a person to focus their recovery.
In a Health Home, your Care Team can:
- Make appointments with your doctor or a specialist for you, and work with your providers to make sure you get the care you need.
- Work with doctors you already have, if that is what you prefer.
- Help you understand your chronic health conditions and give you information to help manage problems like diabetes, asthma, or high blood pressure.
- Refer you to resources you need to get healthier. You can get help with substance abuse. You can also get needed support to lose weight, eat better, or quit smoking.
- Assist you with housing applications, legal resources, transportation, or other issues.
- Connect you to useful services in your community.
The Opioid Health Home (OHH) uses evidence-based, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and an interdisciplinary care team to target both the opioid disorder and physical health conditions.
Follow the links to read more about our efforts to combat opioid addiction at:
More information can be found on this exciting new program by accessing MDHHS at: